|Rating||4.1/5, based on 64,991 votes|
|Requires Android||Android 6.0+ (Marshmallow)|
|Author's Notes||Shadowsocks: a secure socks5 proxy.|
About Shadowsocks APK
Table Of Contents
DescriptionShadowsocks is a high-performance cross-platform secured socks5 proxy. It will help you surf the internet privately and securely.
*NOTE: You may need to unisntall and reinstall the app, after upgrading to 3.x or above.*
1. Bleeding edge techniques with Asynchronous I/O and Event-driven programming.
2. Low resource comsumption, suitable for low end boxes and embedded devices.
3. Avaliable on multiple platforms, including PC, MAC, Mobile (Android and iOS) and Routers (OpenWRT).
4. Open source implementions in python, node.js, golang, C#, and pure C.
Visit our project site for more details: https://www.shadowsocks.org
1. To setup your own server, please refer to: https://shadowsocks.org/en/download/servers.html
2. To view the source codes or build your own apk, please refer to: https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-android
Copyright (C) 2016 by Max Lv
Copyright (C) 2016 by Mygod Studio
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Other open source licenses can be found here: https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-android/blob/master/README.md#open-source-licenses
What's new in version 5.2.5* Add search tool for profiles. (#2682)
* Add back xchacha20-ietf-poly1305 cipher. (#2663, #2697)
* Refined DDNS support. (#2722, #2731)
* Minor fixes. (#2625, #2667, #2705)
* Minor UI fixes (#2733)
How to install Shadowsocks APK on Android phone or tablet?
Download Shadowsocks APK file from ApkClean, then follow these steps:
Update Phone Settings
- Go to your phone Settings page
- Tap Security or Applications (varies with device)
- Check the Unknown Sources box
- Confirm with OK
Go to Downloads
- Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files
- Tap the APK file you downloaded (com.github.shadowsocks-v5.2.5.apk)
- Tap Install when prompted, the APK file you downloaded will be installed on your device.
|5.2.5 (5020501)||6.4 MB|
|5.2.4 (5020401)||7 MB|
|5.2.2 (5020202)||6.8 MB|
|5.2.1 (5020102)||6.9 MB|
|5.2.1 (5020101)||6.6 MB|
|5.2.0 (5020002)||9.4 MB|
|5.2.0 (5020001)||9.1 MB|
|5.1.9 (5010901)||6.4 MB|
Questions & Answers
Q: What is an APK File?
A: Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same. An APK file is the file format used for installing software on the Android operating system.
Q: If I install an APK from this website, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like ApkClean.net goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: Why ApkClean.net can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from ApkClean.net, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: What are Android App permissions?
A: Apps require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
(*) is required