Hispaniola Topo Maps Free Apk
This is an original APK file, it's safe to download and free of any virus.
|Rating||4.3/5, based on 246 votes|
|Requires Android||Android 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich)|
|Author's Notes||Topographic maps and aerial imagery for Dominican Republic and Haiti|
About Hispaniola Topo Maps Free APK
Table Of Contents
DescriptionEasy to use outdoor and offline navigation app with 1:50.000 seamless topographic maps of Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Available map layers:
• Topographic maps 1:50.000 and 1:250.000 with seamless coverage for complete Hispaniola Island (Dominican Republic and Haiti).
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Bing Maps (Satellite images, Road-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Hillshading overlay layer for OSM, Google or Bing maps
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Free bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (NOT in this free version !)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and edit Routes(NOT in this free version !)
• Route-Navigation (Point-to-Point Navigation) (NOT in this free version !)
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX/KML/KMZ - Import/Export (NOT in this free version !)
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• See your location with UTM coordinates
• Tablet optimized layouts
• and many more ...
LIMITATIONS OF THIS FREE VERSION:
• No Bulkdownload of maps for offline usage
• No Hillshading overlay
• Max. 3 Waypoints
• Max. 3 Tracks
• No Routes
• No import of waypoints and tracks
• No Bulkdownload
On the 1:50.000 maps you'll find many small roads, pathes and 4WD tracks that are not included in Google, Bing or OpenStreetMaps. The topo maps have a very detailed topography with contour lines. There is no other online mapping service/app available that gives you more detailed geographic features like rivers, lakes, hills, vegetation, villages, etc. for this region.
The topo maps layer is a seamless mosaic of more than 200 georeferenced maps. Although some of the maps are quite old (production range of the maps is 1966 - 2002) they are still very good for outdoor trips, especially if you are looking adventurous routes or abandoned places. Most maps of the Dominican Republic were created in the late 80ies. Within the app you can open an overview map with the publishing dates of the maps.
In larger cities you'll find it more usefull to switch to Google or OSM maps but in the backcountry you will recognize the relevance of large scale topographic maps.
The 1:250.000 maps are JOGs (Joint Operations Graphic) which represent a medium scale map intended as both a topographic and an aeronautical chart.
The topographic maps are enhanced with Atlogis® hillshading and placenames.
Original publisher of the 1:50.000 topo maps : United States NGA (National Geospatial-Intelligence), NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency), DMA (Defense Mapping Agency)
Original publisher of the 1:250.000 topo maps: US NGA/NIMA JOG (Joint Operations Graphics)
Please send comments and feature requests to email@example.com
What's new in version 5.1.0• Improvements & Fixes
How to install Hispaniola Topo Maps Free APK on Android phone or tablet?
Download Hispaniola Topo Maps Free APK file from ApkClean, then follow these steps:
Update Phone Settings
- Go to your phone Settings page
- Tap Security or Applications (varies with device)
- Check the Unknown Sources box
- Confirm with OK
Go to Downloads
- Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files
- Tap the APK file you downloaded (com.atlogis.hispaniola.free-v5.1.0.apk)
- Tap Install when prompted, the APK file you downloaded will be installed on your device.
|5.1.0 (34)||5.8 MB|
|5.0.0 (31)||5.5 MB|
|4.5.4 (30)||5.5 MB|
|4.5.1 (28)||5.4 MB|
|4.5.0 (27)||5.4 MB|
|4.4.3 (26)||5.1 MB|
|4.4.0 (24)||5.3 MB|
|4.2.5 (22)||5 MB|
|4.2.1 (18)||5 MB|
|4.2.0 (17)||3.9 MB|
|4.0.6 (15)||4.3 MB|
|4.0.5 (14)||4.2 MB|
Questions & Answers
Q: What is an APK File?
A: Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same. An APK file is the file format used for installing software on the Android operating system.
Q: If I install an APK from this website, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like ApkClean.net goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: Why ApkClean.net can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from ApkClean.net, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: What are Android App permissions?
A: Apps require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
(*) is required