ProtonMail - Encrypted Email Apk
This is an original APK file, it's safe to download and free of any virus.
|Rating||4.6/5, based on 19,527 votes|
|Requires Android||Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean)|
|Author's Notes||World’s largest encrypted email service - easy to use, free for all.|
About ProtonMail - Encrypted Email APK
Table Of Contents
Description“ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read it except the sender and the recipient.” Wall Street Journal
ProtonMail is the world’s largest encrypted email service with millions of users. The ProtonMail secure email app for Android brings easy-to-use email encryption to your mobile device by seamlessly integrating PGP end-to-end encryption. ProtonMail also provides a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features such as customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
Since we were founded by CERN scientists in 2013, we have been joined by citizens from around the globe who have supported our mission to protect online privacy. Our mobile app was made possible by a record-breaking $550,000 donation campaign. With the ProtonMail app, you can now create your own free ProtonMail email account and start experiencing the secure email of the future.
Why use ProtonMail?
• Ensure your emails stay private and cannot be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
• End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
• Easy-to-use: encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
• Zero-access: all messages are stored in encrypted format—not even ProtonMail can read your messages
• Open source: ProtonMail's encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world
• Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, no catches. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
• Swiss privacy and neutrality: ProtonMail is hosted entirely in Switzerland, under the protection of the world's strongest privacy laws
With the ProtonMail app, you can:
• Create a new protonmail.com email address with automatic PGP key creation and management
• Send and receive encrypted emails and attachments automatically
• Set timers for messages to self-destruct after sending
• Quickly organize emails with customizable swipe gestures and labels
• Get push notification of new emails
• Send password protected encrypted emails to non-ProtonMail email addresses
ProtonMail in the press:
“ProtonMail is a gmail-like email system which uses end-to-end encryption, making it impossible for outside parties to monitor.” Forbes
“A new email service being developed by a group from MIT and CERN promises to bring secure, encrypted email to the masses and keep sensitive information away from prying eyes.” Huffington Post
For more information, visit: https://protonmail.com
Our open-source code base: https://github.com/ProtonMail
To donate, visit: https://protonmail.com/donate
What's new in version 1.12.2NOTICE:
The icon may not show properly on some Huawei devices, in this case reboot the device to fix it
No connection error was shown in the Spam folder for some users
Sometimes the subject was not filled in when sharing from other apps
Some alias addresses showed up twice under the From field in the composer
Messages with expiration time sometimes failed to send
Attachments handling if they still haven't been uploaded
Some elements were overlapping on certain device locales
How to install ProtonMail - Encrypted Email APK on Android phone or tablet?
Download ProtonMail - Encrypted Email APK file from ApkClean, then follow these steps:
Update Phone Settings
- Go to your phone Settings page
- Tap Security or Applications (varies with device)
- Check the Unknown Sources box
- Confirm with OK
Go to Downloads
- Open Downloads on your device by going to My Files or Files
- Tap the APK file you downloaded (ch.protonmail.android-v1.12.2.apk)
- Tap Install when prompted, the APK file you downloaded will be installed on your device.
|1.12.2 (680)||22.9 MB|
|1.12.1 (661)||22.8 MB|
|1.12.0 (652)||22.8 MB|
|1.11.4 (623)||22.6 MB|
|1.11.4 (622)||22.6 MB|
|1.11.3 (618)||22.6 MB|
|1.11.2 (616)||22.6 MB|
|1.11.1 (613)||22.5 MB|
|1.11.0 (611)||22.6 MB|
|1.10.6 (605)||22.2 MB|
|1.10.5 (591)||22.2 MB|
|1.10.4 (588)||22.2 MB|
Questions & Answers
Q: What is an APK File?
A: Just like Windows (PC) systems use an .exe file for installing software, Android does the same. An APK file is the file format used for installing software on the Android operating system.
Q: If I install an APK from this website, will I be able to update the app from the Play Store?
A: Yes, absolutely. The Play Store installs APKs it downloads from Google's servers, and sideloading from a site like ApkClean.net goes through a very similar process, except you're the one performing the downloading and initiating the installation (sideloading).
As soon as the Play Store finds a version of the app newer than the one you've sideloaded, it will commence an update.
Q: Why ApkClean.net can guarantee APK 100% safe?
A: Whenever someone wants to download an APK file from ApkClean.net, we'll check the corresponding APK file on Google Play and allow user download it directly (of course, we'll cache it on our server). If the APK file does not exist on Google Play, we'll search it in our cache.
Q: What are Android App permissions?
A: Apps require access to certain systems within your device. When you install an application, you are notified of all of the permissions required to run that application.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
(*) is required